Degrees and Certifications:
We are providing you the following information in accordance with Governor Ducey’s Executive Order 2020-51 issued on July 23, 2020. Please carefully read the following information below regarding the 2020-21 School Year.
Distance Learning Plan: Our Distance Learning Plan can be found on the District’s website, available at https://www.wsd.k12.az.us/distancelearning.
Mitigation Plan: Our mitigation plan to address measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 can be found on the District’s website, available at: https://www.wsd.k12.az.us/distancelearning
Distance learning will begin on August 3, 2020.
Wilson School District’s school calendar for the 2020-21 School Year
Pending guidance from the Arizona Department of Health Services, we will set a projected date to begin in-person, teacher-led classroom instruction. This date is only an estimate and may be revised by the District at any time, October 12, 2020.
Your child will need to participate in the District’s distance learning in order to be counted as present and attending. The District’s distance learning plan requires the following minimum level of contact:
Please note that state law (A.R.S. § 15-802) requires as follows:
· Every child between six and sixteen years of age must attend a school and be provided instruction in at least the subjects of reading, grammar, mathematics, social studies and science.
· The child’s parent or guardian must enroll the child in a school and ensure that the child attends the school for the full time that school is in session. Our District is currently anticipating conducting 180-days of instruction during the 2020-21 school year (see attached school calendar).
· Certain exceptions apply to these attendance requirements, such as medical necessity. If you believe your child qualifies for such an exception, please contact your local school’s attendance clerk.
Free On-Site Learning Opportunities and Support Services
Beginning on August 17, 2020, we will begin offering free on-site learning opportunities and support services for students who need a place to go during the school day.
· Please be advised that free on-site learning opportunities and support services are not teacher-led classroom instruction. However, free on-site learning opportunities and support services will include in-person support services such as student supervision and strategic support for students in need during standard school hours, and may include teacher-led or paraprofessional support for students engaging in distance learning instruction.
· If you believe your child needs a place to go during the day, please contact the school Principal at Elementary School, Ms. Campton, (602)683-2400, firstname.lastname@example.org at Primary School, Mrs. Wojcicki, (602)683-2500, email@example.com to discuss whether your child qualifies for this service. The Arizona Department of Education currently describes this service as a “safe learning space for students who are at-risk, in special education programs or who are the students of essential workers.” For more information on this service and qualifications, please visit our website at https://www.wsd.k12.az.us/Page/659.
· Please be advised that free on-site learning opportunities and support services may be suspended or terminated if the District or the Arizona Department of Health Services advises closing the premises for public health reasons or in the best interests of the staff and students.
To learn more about our free-onsite learning opportunities and support services, please visit the District’s website at https://www.wsd.k12.az.us/Page/659. The details of these services may be modified based on additional guidance from ADE. Updates will be posted on the District website.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information in this letter, or if you need additional assistance, please contact us at: Mr. Dumas at (602)681-2200 ext. 2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The information contained in this letter may change as the situation changes, and in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, order or Governing Board policy. Please continue to regularly review the websites listed below for important updates.
Antonio A. Sanchez,