Board Member Vacancy
Wilson Elementary School District No. 7 has a board member vacancy.
- A person who is a registered voter of this state and has been a resident of the District for one (1) year immediately preceding the day of election is eligible for election to the office of Governing Board member.
- No employee of the District, including a person who directly provides certificated or support services to the District as an employee of a third-party contractor, or the spouse of such employee may hold membership on the Governing Board of this District.
- A Governing Board member is ineligible to serve simultaneously as a member of any other school district governing board, except that a Governing Board member may be a candidate for nomination or election for any other governing board if serving in the last year of a term of office.
Duties and obligations:
- To become familiar with the state’s school laws, regulations of the State Department of Education, and District policies, rules, and regulations.
- To have a general knowledge of the educational aims and objectives of the system.
- To work harmoniously with other Board members without neglecting a proper share of the work or trying to dominate the Board.
- To vote and act in the Board meetings impartially for the good of the District.
- To accept the will of the majority vote in all cases, and give wholehearted support to the resulting policy.
- To accept the responsibility for confidentiality in appropriate matters, especially those dealing with personnel and the divulging of privileged information that could cost the District money, support, or public confidence.
- To represent the Board and the District to the public in a manner that promotes both interest and support.
- To refer complaints to the proper school authorities and to refrain from individual counsel and action.
A letter of interest with details of qualifications should be submitted to Usebia Joyce-Governing Board Secretary. Interviews will occur January 6th-8th. If you have questions, please contact Usebia at 602-681-2224.
About our Governing Board
Our governing board consists of elected members who work to promote student success and to ensure they receive the educational opportunities they deserve. Our board members volunteer their time to help us establish district policies, hire and retain excellent staff and faculty, and encourage parent and community involvement in our district.
Governing Board Meetings
Regular governing board meetings are generally on the second (2nd) Tuesdays of the month at 5:00 p.m. in the board room of the Wilson School District #7 (district office), 3025 E. Fillmore St. Phoenix, AZ 85008. Board meeting dates are subject to change.
Until further notice, all Governing Board meetings will be closed to the public. You may view the board meeting through WebEx link posted below.
Upcoming Board Meetings
Members of the Public will not be permitted to attend this meeting in person and there will be Public Comments. If you would like to submit a Public Comment, please click the link below and fill out the form by 1:00 p.m. the day of the meeting. Each comment will have a time limit of two minutes per email.
There are no upcoming events to display.