- Wilson School District 7
Potential Exposure Notice
Posted by Antonio Sanchez on 10/19/2020
Dear Wilson Parent/Guardian,
The health and welfare of our students and staff is our number one priority. We recently became aware that an individual was diagnosed with COVID-19. This individual was at Wilson Primary School on October 14, 2020. Out of an abundance of caution, we want to share what we have done in response, and provide you with the signs, symptoms, and important next steps.
Our response included the following protocols:
- Contact tracing occurred following Maricopa County Department of Public Health guidelines.
- Parents of students in the effected class were notified. If you have not been contacted directly, then your child was not in direct contact with this individual.
- Staff in close contact with the individual were notified (following contact tracing protocols from MCDPH).
- Teachers, IA's and students will quarantine for 14 days. Instruction will continue via distance learning.
- Classroom was closed and disinfected following Mitigation plan guidelines.
- Continuation of disinfecting and deep cleaning of all classrooms.
- Maricopa County Department of Public Health was notified.
- Safety Team met to debrief and resolve any outstanding issues.
COVID-19 is a virus that can cause no symptoms, a mild illness, or severe symptoms. Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Individuals with COVID-19 can experience a wide range of symptoms. Some symptoms include:
- Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, rash, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
The virus spreads mainly from person-to-person. COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms. The virus can also spread:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about six feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks.
- It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching his or her own mouth, nose, or eyes.
Practicing good hygiene is vital. Please ensure that you are following these guidelines to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth/nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home from school/work when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear face masks/coverings when in public and maintain social distancing when possible (6 feet).
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
We recommend that you and your family members monitor your health. If you experience symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical care and/or self-isolate at home. Additional information is available on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov.
Wilson School District will continue to follow the guidance and expertise of local and national health officials to help protect the health of our students, employees and families. Our maintenance department and staff will continue to diligently clean and sanitize throughout the day. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to protect the health of our students and staff.
Wilson School District